If you provide workers in specific regulated sectors: agriculture, horticulture, shellfish gathering or any associated processing or packaging you will need a GLAA licence.

If you are operating already in these sectors you should be familiar with the GLAA regime and the need to hold a gangmasters licence. The GLAA licensing standards cover a wide range of issues aimed at protecting the exploitation of workers. These include health and safety, accommodation, pay, transport and training. However they also extend to fitness to hold a licence. The GLAA will also work with other agencies such as HMRC when necessary.

If you are thinking of moving into these regulated sectors you should ensure you have a clear understanding of the licensing requirements.